Firstly, I am delighted to say that there has been a great response to the Auction of Promises (further details in an earlier blog post) in aid of the South and West Wales Area’s Injured Jockeys Fund 7 the Isabel Tompsett Recovery Fund.
It is great to hear some positive news regarding Isabel and we all hope that she recovers fully in the near future. Please see an update with details of the current bids on all the items at the bottom of this blog post.
Some more heavy rain this morning and I’m sure we will soon be able to start schooling the horses on the grass again. However, for today we stuck to the sand school, and almost all the horses working popped over a few to keep their eye in! Definite Dawn (Erin O’Connor, pictured left) was very enthusiastic despite the wet weather, and he looked in great nick.
Experienced campaigners Postmaster (Katie Ash) and Manjam (Bradley Gibbs) led former flat handicapper Reality Show (Tom David) in one of his first schooling sessions over the hurdles – after a rather inauspicious start he really took to it and Tom was really happy with him.
No racing today so a good opportunity for a much-needed catch up on paperwork!
Update on Auction of Promises South and West Wales Point to Point Area Fund Auction of Promises (Proceeds towards Area’s Injured Riders Fund & Isabel Tompsett Recovery Fund)
All Bids in writing by email or text to Carole David – email@example.com / 07973 261384
1. Nomination to either National Hunt Stallions – Dr Massini or Bach, – Kindly Donated By David & Dawn Brace, Dunraven Stud. – No Bid
2. Half ‘A New Season Welsh Lamb’ Cut and Packed as Required. – Kindly donated by Jonathon & Judith Tudor – £80.00
3. A Morning on the gallops and breakfast for 4 people with NH Trainer Peter Bowen, to include 4 tickets to Open Day & 4 Tickets to Ludlow Races – Kindly Donated by Peter Bowen & Bob Davies. – £50.00
4. A Log Cabin Weekend Break at Porthgain Holiday Cottages, Nr. St Davids, Pembrokeshire, for up-to 4 adults and 2 children. – Kindly Donated by Paul & Debbie Hamer – No Bid
5. 1 Ton Horse Feed – Kindly Donated by Dai Jones of Connolly’s Red Mills Horse Feeds – £400.00
6. Signed Welsh Rugby Shirt – Wales V Barbarians. 04.06.11 – (Kindly Donated by David & Dawn Brace) – No Bid
7. 4 Premier Tickets to Hereford Racecourse – Kindly Donated by Northern Racing Group – No Bid
8. Racing Bridle – kindly Donated by Pritchard’s Saddlery, Llantrisant – £155.25
9. Champion De’ Lux Racing Hat – Kindly Donated by John Ayres / Christian Williams – £25.00
10. One Easy Fix Double Sided Hurdle – Kindly Donated by Tom Howley, Easy Fix Fences – £160.00
11. A morning with the Welsh Rugby team in their training HQ at the Vale Of Glamorgan Hotel, for 4 people, during the week leading up to the English game, 13th August 2011, Followed by lunch with the players. – Kindly Donated by David & Dawn Brace, Dunraven Windows. – £200.00
12. Morning on the gallops, followed by breakfast and invitation to Trainers Open Day, for 4 persons, Kindly Donated by Evan Williams Racing, plus 4 Premier Tickets to Chepstow Racecourse (Kindly Donated by Northern Racing Group) – £250.00
13. 3 night weekend break or 4 night midweek break, self catering – in Caldey Lodge (sleeps 4) at Pembrokeshire’s 5* National Park Resort, Bluestone. Package includes entry to the Spa/Adventure Centre for each member of the party. Break can be taken at any time, excluding school holidays – website www.bluestonewales.com – £50.00
14. 4 Premier Tickets to Ffos Las Races – Kindly Donated by Tim Long – No Bid
15. Leather Race Roller – Kindly Donated by Paul Davies, Bromyard – £150.00
16. Nominations to NH Stallions Dreams End & Fight Club (Ger) – Kindly Donated by Geraint Price – No Bid
17. Morning on the gallops for 4 people followed by breakfast, and invitation to Trainers Open Day – Kindly Donated by Tim Vaughan Racing – £500.00
18. 2 x 12-month subscription to the Racing Post Weekender weekly publication – Kindly Donated by Fleur Cushman – £50 and £20
19. No’ 1 Print of a Water Colour of Isabel & John on the Gallops at Bargoed – Kindly Donated by David & Adrian Dent – No Bid
20. Premier Tickets & Table for 2 at the Greens Restaurant, Bath Racecourse – Kindly Donated by Holly Glover, Northern Racing Group – £200.00